Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My alarm doesn't ring sometimes

i'm having a terrible issue for a while. I set my alarm and sometimes, it doesn't ring but if I wake the screen it shows me that the alarm is ringing, but no sound. I'm having this issue with my 11 pro max and had it before with my 6. It would help me a lot if somebody knows how to fix it because sometimes causes me trouble.

i set an alarm at 11:30 today, and when i saw my phone after half an hour the alarm wasnt

ringing but it appears that it is.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 8:06 AM

Hi Tirona_1111, 

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, it looks like you have an issue with your alarm not ringing sometimes. I want to help! Let’s make sure that you do not have the option to change ringer and alerts volume with the side buttons. Go to Settings.> Sounds & Haptics and make sure that that is turned off. 

Next, restart your iPhone. Here’s how Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support 

After the restart, please set an alarm 5 minutes into the future. Are you able to hear the alarm? 

Hope that helps. 

Best Wishes!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2020 8:06 AM in response to Tirona_1111

Hi Tirona_1111, 

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, it looks like you have an issue with your alarm not ringing sometimes. I want to help! Let’s make sure that you do not have the option to change ringer and alerts volume with the side buttons. Go to Settings.> Sounds & Haptics and make sure that that is turned off. 

Next, restart your iPhone. Here’s how Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support 

After the restart, please set an alarm 5 minutes into the future. Are you able to hear the alarm? 

Hope that helps. 

Best Wishes!

My alarm doesn't ring sometimes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.