You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix Account Via iTunes

Hiya!

So a couple years ago I bought my Netflix subscription through iTunes. This was 3 iPhones ago and since I’ve had 2 different bank cards. Now when I log onto Netflix it says I need to sort my payment method (as its attempting to charge my old bank card instead of new) I go onto iTunes but it doesn’t even recognise I have a Netflix subscription. It’s went out of my bank previously as iTunes. I have rang Netflix up to try and change details but it says this is ITunes issue? How can I get it so I can change my details/ even cancel the subscription/ get it to show i at least subscripe to Netflix ?

thanks

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 11:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 2:59 PM

Hello holly1-2,

If I'm understanding you right, you're unable to use Netflix due to issues with the payment method on file. Also, Netflix support is telling you that your subscription is through iTunes. I'm happy to help you sort this out.

If you have a current subscription to Netflix that is being billed through Apple you should see that subscription using the steps here: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions. If you don't see a subscription there you may have already canceled it previously. Since Netflix is a monthly subscription you would have been charged as such until the subscription was canceled. Have you checked your recent bank statements for subscription charges from Apple?

The specific credit card information you use with your Apple ID account to pay for subscriptions would not appear when viewing your account information through Netflix. If the subscription is billed through Apple, all payment information would be be handled through Apple. If you need further help with this, I recommend reaching out to Apple Support next: Contact Apple for support and services.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 22, 2020 2:59 PM in response to holly1-2

Hello holly1-2,

If I'm understanding you right, you're unable to use Netflix due to issues with the payment method on file. Also, Netflix support is telling you that your subscription is through iTunes. I'm happy to help you sort this out.

If you have a current subscription to Netflix that is being billed through Apple you should see that subscription using the steps here: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions. If you don't see a subscription there you may have already canceled it previously. Since Netflix is a monthly subscription you would have been charged as such until the subscription was canceled. Have you checked your recent bank statements for subscription charges from Apple?

The specific credit card information you use with your Apple ID account to pay for subscriptions would not appear when viewing your account information through Netflix. If the subscription is billed through Apple, all payment information would be be handled through Apple. If you need further help with this, I recommend reaching out to Apple Support next: Contact Apple for support and services.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Netflix Account Via iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.