Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 screen glitching and unresponsive

My screen is completely unresponsive and keeps glitching (see screnshots below--also have video but can't upload to here).

I restarted it (doing the volume up, down and side button) twice and now there's a note about the screen not being able to verify that it's a genuine Apple display (but still unresponsive so I can't use it).

This is a new phone that has had zero work on it, never been wet, no big drops/falls and has had an Otterbox and glass screen protector since I bought it about 2-3 weeks after the 11 was released.

As this is mid-corona, both Vodafone and Apple stores are closed until further notice but I need my phone for both business, and to touch base with my family across the world! Help!!

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 12:55 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 23, 2020 8:54 AM in response to ams627

Hello ams627,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're experiencing an issue with your iPhone display, and force restarting it didn't resolve the issue. I know how important your device is to you, and I'd like to help.

First, I recommend taking the steps explained here: If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad

From there, I recommend restoring your iPhone to factory settings using a computer. Be sure to have a backup of your data before completing this step. This support article can help: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

If the issue isn't reproduced with none of your personal data on your iPhone, you can then restore from your backup: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup 

However, if this concern isn't resolved, contact Apple Support for further assistance: Get Support

I hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Mar 28, 2020 5:14 AM in response to ams627

Literally the same exact thing happened to me on Wednesday, March 25. The display would glitch out very similarly to the way you phone did in the pictures you provided. Eventually, the touch screen completely stopped responding, but the display would still show notifications, phone calls, etc. like normal. However, it didn’t display the error message on your phone. Apple recommended me to the only certified retailer open in my area (the statewide shutdown due to the Coronavirus pandemic has closed all Apple stores) but my appointment with them is next Wednesday, April 1st.

Did they have to wipe your phone of all your data? My phone isn’t backed up (it’s fairly new) and my data is too important to lose. The retailer said that they would charge around $400 to retrieve the data if the phone is unfixable...that is incredibly unfair considering my phone is only 3 months old and in immaculate condition.

Thanks for your post.

iPhone 11 screen glitching and unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.