Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SPSSStatistics Software download

Dear Team

Pls guide me How I can download SPSS software for my research work in my MacBook. I am unable to install due to this error

(“SPSS_Statistics_Installer” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the App Store and identified developers.

“SPSS_Statistics_Installer” is on the disk image “IBM_SPSS_20.dmg”. Safari downloaded this disk image today at 2:03 PM from en.softonic.com.)

PLEASE GUIDE:

Regards:

Kashif

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 6:35 PM

Control-click on the installer and select "Open". You will be advised about the app being from an unidentified developer and you should be prompted for your admin password. You may have to do the same thing the first time you run the actual app after it has been installed.

If you just double-click the installer like you did when you received the message, you can also go to the Security pane of System Preferences and click the "Allow" button located near the bottom right of the Security pane window. The first time you run the app after installing may require the same steps.

Here is an Apple article regarding this security feature:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/open-a-mac-app-from-an-unidentified-developer-mh40616/mac

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2020 6:35 PM in response to kashif212

Control-click on the installer and select "Open". You will be advised about the app being from an unidentified developer and you should be prompted for your admin password. You may have to do the same thing the first time you run the actual app after it has been installed.

If you just double-click the installer like you did when you received the message, you can also go to the Security pane of System Preferences and click the "Allow" button located near the bottom right of the Security pane window. The first time you run the app after installing may require the same steps.

Here is an Apple article regarding this security feature:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/open-a-mac-app-from-an-unidentified-developer-mh40616/mac

SPSSStatistics Software download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.