Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring an active phone call to another phone number

This question was asked a while back and hoping someone may have the answer. I've copied the question below. It is the exact issue I am having now while trying to work from home on my company cell. I need to be able to accept live calls but then transfer that live call off to another employee's phone number. Not conferencing, I need to be able to hang up without disconnecting the call. Thank you all for any suggestions.

***Does anyone know how to transfer an active / live call that you are currently engaged in to another number? This is not call forwarding. I called my cell network provider (ATT) and there is no such way on their end. Does anyone know of an app that can do this?

I am trying to work from home, but if I get a call on my cell that needs to be routed to another department, I don't want to tell the customer to hang up and dial X-number. I think it is much more professional to transfer the call.

Call conferencing won't work either unless I decide to stay on the line the whole time (the call would disconnect as soon as I hung up).

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 6:04 AM

2 replies

Mar 22, 2020 6:15 AM in response to dianettt

Thats a good thought under the circumstances (present times).

This feature however is not possible and I base that with cellular service in the USA. As you already know, Conference Call is it and it will disconnect everyone once you hang up. Of course, call Forwarding will not work for you because you want to be able to answer the call and re-direct. This feature, if available in the future, will be carrier dependent and not necessarily has much to do with the phone.

Axel F.

Transferring an active phone call to another phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.