Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home videos not syncing with apple TV

When I try and access home videos on my Apple TV I only see about half of the videos that are on my MAC under the home videos library within the apple TV app. All software is up to date and the videos are .mov extensions. Anyone having similar problems?

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 10:55 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Some videos may be in a format or use codecs or have metadata that make it incompatible with (your) Apple TV.

3 replies

Mar 23, 2020 6:35 AM in response to algold

Home Sharing may be limited to 1080p, 30 fps. Do any of your ‘missing’ home videos exceed that? Try converting a missing video with those constraints, and then adding the new version. Does that show and play better?

One film does have slow motion film in it.

The slo-mo effect from an iOS device is a ‘soft’ file property, the actual footage is high frame rate, and the playback changes frame rate for the effect. The start and stop moment of the effect is still editable. It may need conversion/export to constant frame rate for compatibility with other playback software and systems.

Home videos not syncing with apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.