Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't iPhone send "blue" text messages to a number in my contacts, only green?

For some reason, I can't get my iPhone to send texts to a particular number (Android) that arrive as text messages. The recipient says that they arrive as emails, even though I'm careful to press "Message" when I open his contact info. As a result, he's missed some important texts from me. This doesn't happen (messages ending up as emails instead of text messages) with other Android contacts. Can anyone explain why this is happening? Is the problem at his end or my end? Thanks for any help out there!

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 1:24 PM

7 replies

Mar 23, 2020 2:41 PM in response to Turtlewiz

I’m delighted it’s working now.

You clearly went through some pain to set up this new contact with some redundant information. One can’t argue with success; but for the future, there may be a way to target a message to go to the telephone number and not email address of a specific contact. The process would somehow involve opening the contact’s information and selecting the phone number specifically while addressing the message.

Anyway, it worked. Excellent.

Enjoy your Apple gear.

Why won't iPhone send "blue" text messages to a number in my contacts, only green?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.