Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to i reset my appleTV now that there is no itunes?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203028

This article which says it was updated Jan of this year says to use iTunes to reset my apple TV. iTunes no longer exists.

Would the AppleTV App work for this as well? I'm not seeing the device show up, but i'm unsure if this is because I have another issue or if its not iTunes.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 11

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 4:30 PM

On a Mac with Catalina, use Finder instead of iTunes. See the following from Reset Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV HD and a Mac with macOS Catalina or later: Disconnect the power and HDMI cables from Apple TV. Connect one end of a USB-C cable (sold separately) to Apple TV and the other end to your computer. Open the Finder on your computer, select Apple TV in the sidebar, then select Restore. If that doesn’t work, contact Apple TV Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2020 4:30 PM in response to JeffG9

On a Mac with Catalina, use Finder instead of iTunes. See the following from Reset Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV HD and a Mac with macOS Catalina or later: Disconnect the power and HDMI cables from Apple TV. Connect one end of a USB-C cable (sold separately) to Apple TV and the other end to your computer. Open the Finder on your computer, select Apple TV in the sidebar, then select Restore. If that doesn’t work, contact Apple TV Support.

How to i reset my appleTV now that there is no itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.