Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No options button printer

Under printers & scanners in system preferences I have the "Options & Supplies" button. When I click on this I am supposed to have the "General", "Options" and "Supply Levels" buttons.

I do not have the "Options" button here. Why is that and how can I get this back?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 6:27 AM

install the full printer driver. if you did AirPrint or some other automatic selection then you needed to select the printer complete name to get to the utility option which would give the full print driver. Also if you are just relying on the built in driver from the OS then you should go to the manufacturer and download the recommended software then proceed with the full driver install.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2020 6:27 AM in response to SophieJMT

install the full printer driver. if you did AirPrint or some other automatic selection then you needed to select the printer complete name to get to the utility option which would give the full print driver. Also if you are just relying on the built in driver from the OS then you should go to the manufacturer and download the recommended software then proceed with the full driver install.

No options button printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.