Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Optimized photos

Good morning. And thank you for your support.. I would like to know if I use optimized photos on iCloud iPhoto, when I would like to see pictures on third software parts like other app to watch photos, how can I see these picture? In which resolution? Thank you

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 9:39 PM

Hi Mazz,

As per informations above I think you are saying you are using “optimise iphone storage”, for iCloud photos backup option?

By doing this your original photos and videos are stored in iCloud and space-saving versions are kept on your device. 

So this is only imply to photos that are safe in “photos app” that come by default with iOS that back up to iCloud .

For the second part of your question...using 3rd party app I would not have an answer for that.

You may want to connect with developer or support team of 3rd party applications that you used instead.

Here is link on optimise iphone storage: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2020 9:39 PM in response to Mazz1982

Hi Mazz,

As per informations above I think you are saying you are using “optimise iphone storage”, for iCloud photos backup option?

By doing this your original photos and videos are stored in iCloud and space-saving versions are kept on your device. 

So this is only imply to photos that are safe in “photos app” that come by default with iOS that back up to iCloud .

For the second part of your question...using 3rd party app I would not have an answer for that.

You may want to connect with developer or support team of 3rd party applications that you used instead.

Here is link on optimise iphone storage: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

Good luck!

Optimized photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.