Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Insert key on MacBook Pro

How do I add an insert key to my MacBook Pro

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 1:18 PM

What does that mean? Please read Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question. We are here to help. We are all users. We are not mind-readers nor clairvoyants. We only know what you write down and tell us. Be specific and thorough. Include your hardware information and installed version of macOS.

FYI: These are user-only forums. You are not speaking to Apple. if you need to speak with Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2020 1:18 PM in response to gcremeens

What does that mean? Please read Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question. We are here to help. We are all users. We are not mind-readers nor clairvoyants. We only know what you write down and tell us. Be specific and thorough. Include your hardware information and installed version of macOS.

FYI: These are user-only forums. You are not speaking to Apple. if you need to speak with Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Mar 23, 2020 1:37 PM in response to gcremeens

My MacBook Pro retina 13” 2015 mavOS Catalina version 10.15.3

it doesn’t have an insert key. In order to work remotely I have been searching for a way to use a function key but am not having any luck

can I create a function key to use for this.

I have also tried a USB keyboard and it works great but the insert key doesn’t, it’s like there’s no communication between the insert key & my MacBook Pro. Any help for my dilemmas

Insert key on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.