Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to use my iMessage and FaceTime on my Iphone and Macbook.

I've tried everything online and nothing works! 

• I had the problem in my MacBook in about a year, it really ****** me off but because I had it on my iPhone I kinda forgot and started using other apps, but now is really annoying bc my iPhone keeps rejecting to activate my iMessage and FaceTime saying the same thing since I came back from Portugal -- "An error occurred during activation".

I usually travel and that never happened before! I'm going crazy! Don't know what to do anymore. Please help asap

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 4:14 AM

3 replies

Mar 26, 2020 7:54 PM in response to karenfromparede

Messages Troubleshooting.   

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

If necessary

Hard reset.        

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.      

If you still have problems, have someone else attempt to sign in using their Apple ID. If they can successfully sign in and use Messages/FaceTime, it may be your Apple ID. Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in using my Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

You can also try signing in on another device/computer. There have been a couple of posts where people's device/computer was blocked. You will need to contact Apple for that problem also.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  (The link doesn’t always load)

Get Support    Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

Or fill out and submit  iTunes Store - Contact Us - Official Apple Support   The form is for iTunes, but will get passed to the ID Support section. 

Unable to use my iMessage and FaceTime on my Iphone and Macbook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.