Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store

I can't find any recent posts on this or information online. What happened to the Categories link on the Mac App store. Are games no longer available?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 9:35 AM

9 replies

Apr 2, 2020 9:47 AM in response to fredfromredwater

That is disappointing, your solution is to get a new Mac really? Do you buy a new house when your shower faucet breaks too?

At the moment the only options which helped me, are google, macupdate, and alternativeto.net to find apps I need, and steam for games. I haven't find a better solution, and It seems apple doesn't care anymore. If you guys have better solutions please let me know.

Apr 2, 2020 9:54 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

I don't argue with what you said, and you might be right to some extent. But this issue is not something which promotes changing an entire machine, I don't see why a missing category button in AppStore, can not be fixed, but instead promoting people to change to more expensive newer fancier machines that is if they can afford it of course, which is another question, would be a better viable more efficient etc. solution. I though Apple is a customer oriented company, not a company oriented company, and I hope it is still true.

Apr 2, 2020 9:57 AM in response to ilgaar

ilgaar wrote:

I don't argue with what you said, and you might be right to some extent. But this issue is not something which promotes changing an entire machine, I don't see why a missing category button in AppStore, can not be fixed, but instead promoting people to change to more expensive newer fancier machines that is if they can afford it of course, which is another question, would be a better viable more efficient etc. solution.

You don't know the poster's situation. Maybe they are having other problems with the 8 year old computer. Maybe they have apps that will soon require a new computer, maybe, ... All they said was maybe it is time for a new computer. Maybe in their situation it is time for a new computer. Why question their off-the-cuff statement? I often say "maybe ts time for a new car" if the radio gets satatic for a moment, or I need new tires, etc.

App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.