Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 charging

I own 2 iPhone 8 Plus. In the last 2 days they both stopped any charging using my 30W USB-C original cube from MacBook Air 2019 and a 60W RAVPOWER USB-C cube with its own new Choetech USB-C to lightning cable. Switching cables, chargers, phones makes no difference. Phones charge well using 5W, 12W or wireless. Prior to a couple of days ago the fast chargers worked fine on both phones and both charging cubes still work fine with my MacBook Air. Anyone know the cause and how to fix it?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 5:03 PM

Well, third wire fixed everything. One Apple branded, second fairly new USB-C to lightning wires both failed fairly simultaneously and it was not until I found a third wire (fairly new Anker) that I realized phones were fine, chargers fine, 2 wires dead.

1 reply

iPhone 8 charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.