Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I lose MS Office 2019 when updating to macOS Catalina?

Hi!

Currently I'm running macOS Mojave v10.14 on a Macbook Air (2015). I have the Microsoft Office 2019 suite (v16.26) and use it pretty regularly for my degree and job.

I heard that when updating to the newest OS, macOS Catalina, there are issues with MS Office and being told that you have to upgrade to Office 365, the subscription based service. However the details seem a little bit contradicting when I look it up online. I just wanted to clarify - if I were to update to macOS Catalina, would I lose access to the MS Office 2019 suite I currently have? Since I paid for it, I don't want to subscribe to Office 365. This is just curiosity, if that's the case, I'll just stick with Mojave.

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 5:41 PM

Yes. But as always, make sure you create a backup before upgrading your operating syste. A backup is required before making a major change.

4 replies

Will I lose MS Office 2019 when updating to macOS Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.