Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri can’t find music in my library

Siri can’t find music in my library. When I say hey Siri play James Taylor, it says I can’t play that right now. I saw previous thread which had a link to an answer, but the link goes to a page not found now. How do I fix this?

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 4:54 PM

Hello UMPanSinget,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities, and I understand there are issues with Siri finding music in your library. I'll do what I can to help.

Try the steps in this link here, especially with the network connection: If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working

It might also mean that Siri is having trouble connecting to Apple Music. Even if you can connect, try these steps to troubleshoot that connection: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

Have a great day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2020 4:54 PM in response to UMPanSinget

Hello UMPanSinget,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities, and I understand there are issues with Siri finding music in your library. I'll do what I can to help.

Try the steps in this link here, especially with the network connection: If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working

It might also mean that Siri is having trouble connecting to Apple Music. Even if you can connect, try these steps to troubleshoot that connection: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

Have a great day.

Mar 26, 2020 12:02 PM in response to UMPanSinget

UMPanSinget,

Since it's a specific artist, try using Siri to play other artists to see if the same thing happens.

As for other general troubleshooting, you can try these:

1. Back up your iPhone: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
    2. Restore the iPhone to factory settings using a computer: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support
    3. Set up the iPhone as new to test if the behavior still happens.

If it does happen when set up as new, reach out to the Apple Support team: Contact Apple Support

If it doesn't, try restoring your backup to see if it happens again: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Take care.

Siri can’t find music in my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.