Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! Safari won't load jpg images on websites

I just updated my macOS Catalina to version 10.15.4. Now, when I look at certain webpages, the jpg images won't load (they will either stay blank, be a ?, or be an empty box. For the image uploaded, the circle titled "Account" should have a profile picture in it. I have tried reloading the profile picture multiple times but to no avail. Additionally, when I look at this webpage on other internet browsers, the images show up just fine. Please help!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 5:29 PM

Figured it out. You have to turn off prevent cross site tracking under privacy in Safari.

18 replies

Mar 26, 2020 12:43 PM in response to nzitzer

Safari can’t open a website.    

Safari – slow page loads.       

Safari - Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues.   

Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing.    

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account    

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

HELP! Safari won't load jpg images on websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.