Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot unlock Apple Watch with my iPhone

Recently since upgrading my iOS to 13.4 my Apple Watch is not unlocking through my iPhone. I have unpaired/ reset etc. but no change. Not able to unlock Apple Watch thru iPhone. Please help. Thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 10:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 11:10 PM

I would double check that you have the settings correct for this feature to work properly.

To unlock your Apple Watch with your iPhone: Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap Passcode, then turn on Unlock with iPhone.

Your iPhone must be within normal Bluetooth range (about 33 feet or 10 meters) of your Apple Watch to unlock it. If Bluetooth is off on Apple Watch, enter the passcode on Apple Watch to unlock it.

Once you set this up the next time you put your watch on, press the Digital Crown to light up the screen. Then instead of entering your PIN, pick up your iPhone and unlock it by entering your passcode or using Touch ID.

For more information visit:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2020 11:10 PM in response to suresh advaith

I would double check that you have the settings correct for this feature to work properly.

To unlock your Apple Watch with your iPhone: Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap Passcode, then turn on Unlock with iPhone.

Your iPhone must be within normal Bluetooth range (about 33 feet or 10 meters) of your Apple Watch to unlock it. If Bluetooth is off on Apple Watch, enter the passcode on Apple Watch to unlock it.

Once you set this up the next time you put your watch on, press the Digital Crown to light up the screen. Then instead of entering your PIN, pick up your iPhone and unlock it by entering your passcode or using Touch ID.

For more information visit:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support

Cannot unlock Apple Watch with my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.