Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Apps & Photos after SIM card in another iPhone

Help!!! I switched to another iPhone SE with my SIM card from older phone that was on the blink.

Now I cannot find any of my old apps or configurations. (old phone is dead and not working, hence the switch). I also see that I am missing a large number of my photos - everything taken after a certain date.

It says iCloud is full but I cannot figure out how to see what is exactly in iCloud. "If you want to stop using icloud and recover your storage, you can disable it on all devices. You then have 30 days to download your photos in the photos app." These messages and instructions are so confusing, I am at a loss going in circles of frustration. I am afraid of losing my photos..and my mind!!

FYI I stopped paying for iCloud years ago, hence it is full. I do not wish to keep sending money, but this now seems inevitable. I never saw any kind of notification about losing the last year of photos just by moving a SIM card.

Am I forced now to pay Apple, just to get my missing photos back?

The process is very confusing and I haven't found help online.

1 - How / can I retrieve my photos?

2 - How can i see every file in iCloud to delete some?

3 - Is there a way to find my old apps list and set up my phone as it was 3 hrs ago?

Any help is appreciated. I'm at my wit's end.

Thanks.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 10:19 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 25, 2020 7:01 PM in response to peter4good

Hello peter4good,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have questions about viewing your photos and apps. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

To view your photos, if you had iCloud Photos enabled on your iPhone, log in to iCloud.com from a computer. You can find more information about iCloud Photos here: Set up and use iCloud Photos.

You may also find this information about managing your iCloud storage to be helpful: Manage your iCloud storage.

Finally, if you'd like to redownload your apps, take a look at this article for more information: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books.

Take care.

Mar 28, 2020 1:53 AM in response to sterling r

Thanks, but I have already done this, hence my question. I can see the older photos, but all my recent photos are suddenly missing. They were on my phone last time it worked a few weeks ago. Now that I moved the SIM to the other phone, that group of newer photos are gone. No record of them anywhere. I did not delete any. I did not get any kind of message or warning asking to delete. My iCloud is full, so it stopped backing up after that date, but they did exist in the other phone. So where are they?

Missing Apps & Photos after SIM card in another iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.