Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my iMac to Catalina 10.15.4 . Finder does NOT work, i dont see any icons on my desktop, i cant search my files or anything, and also the most important software Logic Pro starts to load the project and finishes and then nothing happens. I have connected external sound card Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and Maschine mk3

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 10:38 AM

Check your System/iCloud preference pane and make sure the iCloud Drive and Documents & Desktops are not enabled.

Boot into Safe Mode (Use Safe Mode to isolate issues with your Mac and Playing Safe: what does Safe Mode Do?) and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Lastly download and reapply the macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Update.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2020 10:38 AM in response to matija289

Check your System/iCloud preference pane and make sure the iCloud Drive and Documents & Desktops are not enabled.

Boot into Safe Mode (Use Safe Mode to isolate issues with your Mac and Playing Safe: what does Safe Mode Do?) and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Lastly download and reapply the macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.