Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime no longer working between 13.4 and iOS 9 devices

Due to Corona distancing and quarantine my 89 year old mother is using an old iPhone 4S for facetime with the whole family worldwide. It all worked great until I upgraded my iPhone XS to iOS 13.4 yesterday. All family members with 13.4 are no longer able to connect to iOS 9.

Facetime tries to connect but without success.

Really good timing Apple. head shaking.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 11:28 AM

My iPhone X Face ID is not working and when ever I restart it the iPhone gives a message Unable to activate Face ID on this iPhone

2 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.