Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop Stopped Working

My iPhone’s airdrop feature has always worked but it suddenly stopped. It shows that I can airdrop to my phone, for example from my iPad, but when I choose it all I’m told is that it’s “waiting” and nothing ever shows up on my phone to indicate that someone’s trying to airdrop me anything. I have the option “EVERYONE” chosen for my airdrop settings, and I’ve even done a network reset as some places suggested to see if that would fix it but it still doesn’t work.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 12:08 PM

Hello again WhitneyMooren,

Here are some additional steps you can try since it's still not working:

1. Try turning AirDrop off and then back on in Settings > General > AirDrop.
  2. Restart both devices you're using AirDrop with. When you try testing it out afterwards, make sure Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are both still enabled in Settings on both devices. Also, make sure they are both within Bluetooth range of each other, and both devices are awake.
  3. Make sure none of your contact information (Apple ID, phone number, email addresses) is blocked on either device in Settings > Phone > Blocked.

If the issue persists after these steps, we recommend reaching out to Apple Support next: Contact Apple for support and services.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2020 12:08 PM in response to WhitneyMooren

Hello again WhitneyMooren,

Here are some additional steps you can try since it's still not working:

1. Try turning AirDrop off and then back on in Settings > General > AirDrop.
  2. Restart both devices you're using AirDrop with. When you try testing it out afterwards, make sure Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are both still enabled in Settings on both devices. Also, make sure they are both within Bluetooth range of each other, and both devices are awake.
  3. Make sure none of your contact information (Apple ID, phone number, email addresses) is blocked on either device in Settings > Phone > Blocked.

If the issue persists after these steps, we recommend reaching out to Apple Support next: Contact Apple for support and services.

Cheers!

Mar 26, 2020 8:24 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thank you for your response, though unfortunately the problem hasn’t been worked out. Both devices are logged onto the same Apple ID. I cannot airdrop from my phone to my iPad or vice versa, nor can anyone airdrop something to me, even though my devices show up as an option. My WiFi and Bluetooth are on, my personal hotspot is off, and I just did the most recent IOS update today.

Mar 26, 2020 1:25 PM in response to WhitneyMooren

Hello WhitneyMooren,

I understand you're unable to AirDrop files from your iPad to your iPhone. I'm happy to give you some steps to help you out with this.

Are both of those devices signed into the same Apple ID? Does AirDrop work if you try sending something from your iPhone to your iPad, or from a different device to either your iPhone or iPad?

First make sure you have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on in both of your devices. Also, turn off Personal Hotspot if it is enabled on either device. If AirDrop still isn't working, update both your iPhone and your iPad to the most recent iOS version available for them: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Respond back with answers to my previous questions if you continue to experience the same issue.

Take care.

AirDrop Stopped Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.