Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch set up error

I have a iPhone 6 and I received a new Apple Watch, as I’m trying to pair I it says that maybe iPhone is out of date and to update, I updated it and now it says it’s up to date; however after resetting it and checking the internet It still says that same thing. Please advise (iOS 12.4.6)

iPhone 6, 12

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 2:37 AM

A new apple watch 3 or 5 will NOT pair with an iphone 6 or lower,apple watch 3 and 5 have software version watchos6 on them,this requires an iphone with ios13 or higher on them.Iphones with ios13 are an iphone 6s, or higher.Iphone 6 can only update to ios12 maximum.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2020 2:37 AM in response to Annaziro23

A new apple watch 3 or 5 will NOT pair with an iphone 6 or lower,apple watch 3 and 5 have software version watchos6 on them,this requires an iphone with ios13 or higher on them.Iphones with ios13 are an iphone 6s, or higher.Iphone 6 can only update to ios12 maximum.

Apple Watch set up error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.