Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete music from iPhone 6, iOS 12.4.5

Music does not appear in the storage section of settings. I tried using instructions found online on how to use iTunes but the only options are add to playlist, add to device, and get info.

I simply want to clear all the music off of this device.

Thanks

iPhone 6

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 2:52 PM

Hi there, Richro65.

I see that you want to remove all of the music from your iPhone. You tried using iTunes, but you're only finding instructions to add to playlist and add to the device. I'm glad to help with this.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer -- If you sync your music to your iPhone using iTunes, this article provides the information and steps that you need under "Sync or remove content using iTunes".

When you reach step 3, select "Music" from the left panel in iTunes. Choose "Selected playlist, artists, albums, and genres" under "Sync Music” and make sure that no songs are selected from your library. Click the "Apply" button, and iTunes will remove the songs from your phone.

If you don't sync your songs to your iPhone using iTunes, how do you place music on your phone?

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2020 2:52 PM in response to Richro65

Hi there, Richro65.

I see that you want to remove all of the music from your iPhone. You tried using iTunes, but you're only finding instructions to add to playlist and add to the device. I'm glad to help with this.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer -- If you sync your music to your iPhone using iTunes, this article provides the information and steps that you need under "Sync or remove content using iTunes".

When you reach step 3, select "Music" from the left panel in iTunes. Choose "Selected playlist, artists, albums, and genres" under "Sync Music” and make sure that no songs are selected from your library. Click the "Apply" button, and iTunes will remove the songs from your phone.

If you don't sync your songs to your iPhone using iTunes, how do you place music on your phone?

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Can't delete music from iPhone 6, iOS 12.4.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.