Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invisible Google Chrome windows appearing in mission control.

I have been noticing random blank windows on my desktop when using google chrome.

There is no way to delete them and they obviously are not seen and so don't affect my work or anything but it is very annoying having to quit all of Chrome in order to remove those windows.

I read somewhere else that this might be an issue with Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) which makes sense because it usually shows up when I use Google News which I have set up as a progressive web app.

Has anyone experienced that problem or knows the solution for it?

I am currently running macOS Catalina Version 10.15.3 on a 2018 MacBook Pro 13-inch.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 4:46 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2020 5:28 AM in response to mikachalfoun

mikachalfoun wrote:

I have been noticing random blank windows on my desktop when using google chrome.
There is no way to delete them and they obviously are not seen and so don't affect my work or anything but it is very annoying having to quit all of Chrome in order to remove those windows.

I read somewhere else that this might be an issue with Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) which makes sense because it usually shows up when I use Google News which I have set up as a progressive web app.

Has anyone experienced that problem or knows the solution for it?

I am currently running macOS Catalina Version 10.15.3 on a 2018 MacBook Pro 13-inch.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/55d6aa09-abb0-444e-b806-097b47490880

Third party software issue— advised to contact Google Chrome Support for some resolve.

Google Chrome Help - Google Support

Invisible Google Chrome windows appearing in mission control.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.