Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Update

Every time I try to update software I keep getting a message that I’m not connected to the Internet. I tried everything and my phone just don’t seems to be updating

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 7:07 PM

I imagine that you are frustrated. I would be as well. I don’t know how long this has been going on, but you could plug your phone into charge tonight and try again tomorrow and it might finally work. It could just be a fluke.

There are more nuclear options to try, like restoring the phone, or resetting all settings, but I’d rather not see you try those just yet.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2020 7:07 PM in response to dionne164

I imagine that you are frustrated. I would be as well. I don’t know how long this has been going on, but you could plug your phone into charge tonight and try again tomorrow and it might finally work. It could just be a fluke.

There are more nuclear options to try, like restoring the phone, or resetting all settings, but I’d rather not see you try those just yet.

Mar 25, 2020 6:56 PM in response to dionne164

I was going to suggest that you reboot your WiFi router, but if it happens on other WiFi networks, I don’t know if that would help. However, it wouldn’t hurt to try that.

Turn WiFi off in the settings on your phone. Power your phone down. Leave it turned off for a few minutes, power up again, turn WiFi on again and then try the update.

If that doesn’t work, try deleting the software in the settings and start over. Go to Settings>General>iPhone Storage. Let the list of apps load. Swipe down to find the iOS Software. Tap on it. Delete it in the next screen. Restart your phone and download the software again and try to install again.

Mar 25, 2020 7:27 PM in response to dionne164

dionne164 wrote:

Those will be my very last resort. Or maybe I just leave it be. Until I can get to an apple store. Every other app updates.

Which proves that you are indeed connected to the internet. Like I said, you could wake up tomorrow and it might finally cooperate. I Have seen weirder things happen. I hope that it all works out for you.

Software Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.