Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't boot into Bootcamp partition anymore?

Hi, everyone. After using Disk Utility to resize my MacOS partition (without doing anything to the Windows partition), I can no longer boot into my Bootcamp partition. Disk Utility still detects it, and nothing appears to have changed, but I can't boot into it anymore. It doesn't appear in the Startup Manager, and switching to it using the Startup Disk utility in System Preferences results in a white screen for a couple of minutes after rebooting, and then a black screen with "No bootable devices found. Please insert boot disk and press any key." on it. I have no idea what could have possibly caused this, as I didn't try to resize or mess with the Windows partition at all. Please help!

My MacBook: 13-inch early 2011 MacBook Pro

Mac OS X version: High Sierra version 10.13.6

Windows version: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

MacBook

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 8:40 PM

Similar questions

13 replies

Mar 27, 2020 10:40 PM in response to Loner T

I didn't have the time to try it out until now, and sadly it did not work 🙁 I followed the instructions as closely as possible, but the Windows recovery tool kept failing. Luckily I didn't have any important files on it, so it's not a massive life-ruining issue, but it's still quite annoying. Again, thanks for your help, and I hope you have a much nicer day than I did.

Can't boot into Bootcamp partition anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.