Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Liquid Problemm

I got water into my phone what do I do

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 11:04 PM

Put your phone in a container of dry rice and leave it overnight.

I know it sounds like an old wives tale but it worked for me just 2 nights ago.

I had dropped the phone in a pond, retrieved it in less than a minute, did everything I could think of to dry it (shook it, tried to dry out "openings" with my handkerchief, used wife's hairdryer etc) but by the end of the day it was partially working but the speaker would not work.

I went to bed sure that I would be up for a new iPhone but in desperation I tried the rice trick.

Woke up next morning and everything was working!

John W.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2020 11:04 PM in response to gladiss21

Put your phone in a container of dry rice and leave it overnight.

I know it sounds like an old wives tale but it worked for me just 2 nights ago.

I had dropped the phone in a pond, retrieved it in less than a minute, did everything I could think of to dry it (shook it, tried to dry out "openings" with my handkerchief, used wife's hairdryer etc) but by the end of the day it was partially working but the speaker would not work.

I went to bed sure that I would be up for a new iPhone but in desperation I tried the rice trick.

Woke up next morning and everything was working!

John W.

Mar 26, 2020 5:53 AM in response to gladiss21

If the rice trick doesn't work then I suggest you find a private repair shop that specializes in iPhone repair. Try to locate one that can source you parts for your phone in case they determine that it is still worth fixing. Or you can take it to Apple store and hear them tell you that they won't fix it and that warranty doesn't cover liquid damage and you have to pay whatever the price of a new iPhone 11 is these days.

I hope you find a solution!

Liquid Problemm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.