Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music skipping, can't play songs

What I've tried,

Unauthorizing, reauthorizing, redownloading, clearing cache, logging out, and praying.

It's not working folks. Please help.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 3:02 AM

Okay, I think I have this fixed now... at least I hope. It seems to be working. What I had to do was update iTunes but specifically through the Microsoft Store. The usual iTunes 'check for updates' seems to be gone so I had to manually go into the store, find iTunes, click on the ... bit and update from there. After the update, it seems to be working.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2020 3:02 AM in response to Lilgayeasye

Okay, I think I have this fixed now... at least I hope. It seems to be working. What I had to do was update iTunes but specifically through the Microsoft Store. The usual iTunes 'check for updates' seems to be gone so I had to manually go into the store, find iTunes, click on the ... bit and update from there. After the update, it seems to be working.

Mar 26, 2020 5:25 AM in response to Lilgayeasye

I have the same problem. Tried those too (mostly!). I notice my sign-in is greyed out. It has my name and account details and I can access account settings so it seems to think I'm signed in but I noticed that, selecting some songs from my library, it tells me I can't play them because I'm not signed in.

Weirdly, much older songs in my library that are accessing through what was iTunes Match (not sure it's still called that) will play. But trying to play an album from Apple Music gives me the same results as you - it just skips through the tracks and plays nothing.

Music skipping, can't play songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.