Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download apps - Country/Region Issue

Hello

I have just started having a problem with my iPhone 5s in which I am unable to download any apps on the app store.

The message that appears says: "Account Not in this Store - Your account is not valid for use in the U.S Store. You must switch to the U.K store before purchasing".

The store changed to U.S a while ago when i tried to download and app that was only available in the U.S. A prompt appeared on screen asking if I wanted to switch (to which I said yes), but the download still didn't work and I have since been unable to switch back and therefore do anything on the app store.

However, when I go into settings > iTunes and app store > Apple ID, it states my Country/Region correctly as United Kingdom, although the box is greyed out and unable to be selected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thankyou in advance.

iPhone 5s, iOS 11

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 7:34 AM

Hello ARC_i,

If I'm understanding you right, you're unable to download any apps in the App Store. When you try to you get an error that says "Account Not In This Store". I'm happy to help you get to the bottom of this.

If you haven't done so already, I recommend restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone. This is a simple step that can solve a lot of different issues. Check to see if your country is still listed as United Kingdom afterwards and if it is, try downloading an app. If you run into the same issue as before, the next best step would be to sign out of the App Store and then sign back in. You can do this in Settings > iTunes & App Stores. Tap on your Apple ID there and select Sign Out. Sign back in on that same page and then test everything out once more. Please note that if you're subscribed to Apple Music you will have to redownload music that was previously downloaded for offline listening.

For future reference, changing your Apple ID country your billing address and payment information also has to match the country you're changing it to as explained here: Change your Apple ID country or region. This should only be done if you've moved to a new country or region.

+ Add notes

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2020 7:34 AM in response to ARC_i

Hello ARC_i,

If I'm understanding you right, you're unable to download any apps in the App Store. When you try to you get an error that says "Account Not In This Store". I'm happy to help you get to the bottom of this.

If you haven't done so already, I recommend restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone. This is a simple step that can solve a lot of different issues. Check to see if your country is still listed as United Kingdom afterwards and if it is, try downloading an app. If you run into the same issue as before, the next best step would be to sign out of the App Store and then sign back in. You can do this in Settings > iTunes & App Stores. Tap on your Apple ID there and select Sign Out. Sign back in on that same page and then test everything out once more. Please note that if you're subscribed to Apple Music you will have to redownload music that was previously downloaded for offline listening.

For future reference, changing your Apple ID country your billing address and payment information also has to match the country you're changing it to as explained here: Change your Apple ID country or region. This should only be done if you've moved to a new country or region.

+ Add notes

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Unable to download apps - Country/Region Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.