Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen glitches from time to time

So i have this problem recently where the screen glitches from time to time and cause this little"ghost" screen. And ive already tried restarting it, Update softwares, using the command+control p+R thing. And it still does not work. Its really bugging me. Thank you

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 2:13 PM

Hello Fazachmm,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I see that you are experiencing image persistence on your MacBook Pro display. You've done a great job trying to get this resolved. The remaining steps in the following resource can help:

Avoiding image persistence on Apple displays

Have a nice day!

3 replies

Apr 2, 2020 7:57 AM in response to Fazachmm

Hello Fazachmm,

Thank you for trying the suggested steps and following up. We recommend testing in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If the issue persists, test in another user account. This will help determine if the issue is user specific or system wide.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let us know the results. Please include any other steps that you may have tried.

Cheers!

Mar 28, 2020 3:32 AM in response to sterling r

Hi, thank you for your suggestion! i followed it and unfortunately it did not work. i want to point out that the screen glitches are actually "real time" and not a burned in image. meaning that if i move a cursor somewhere, the "ghost cursor" follows. if i close the tab. the "ghost tab" also closes. so i dont think its "image persistence.

Screen glitches from time to time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.