Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find Acorn TV app in App Store

3/26/20 - Just signed up to stream Acorn TV on our Apple TV. Our devices & OS are up to date & compatible. I cannot find it in the App Store to add it to our TV. The support community showed an answer to this in 2018, but it's not there now. Any help? Thanks.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 3:14 PM

The app should be available in 15 countries or regions. It would not be available in the tvOS App Store for Apple ID accounts for other regions. How do I add the Acorn TV channel to my Apple TV? - Acorn TV Help Center

Parallel to that, Acorn TV may be available as an Apple TV app Channel. This would be a different subscription than what is used with the separate app, and not exchangeable.

Did you sign up with Acorn TV directly (e.g. on the web),

or through iTunes as an in-app purchase,

or through the Apple TV app?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2020 3:14 PM in response to BanjoLadyMac

The app should be available in 15 countries or regions. It would not be available in the tvOS App Store for Apple ID accounts for other regions. How do I add the Acorn TV channel to my Apple TV? - Acorn TV Help Center

Parallel to that, Acorn TV may be available as an Apple TV app Channel. This would be a different subscription than what is used with the separate app, and not exchangeable.

Did you sign up with Acorn TV directly (e.g. on the web),

or through iTunes as an in-app purchase,

or through the Apple TV app?

Apr 2, 2020 5:31 PM in response to LilyElliot

LilyElliot wrote:
Apple TV attachment for our Samsung Smart TV.

If you have the Apple TV set-top box, then it depends on region and your model Apple TV. Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you mean the Apple TV app on your smart TV itself, then --

- Whether Acorn TV is available as a separate app on the smart TV, is up to Acorn TV and Samsung and the region where you are in.

- Whether Acorn TV is available as a Channel inside the Apple TV app on that device, is up to Acorn TV and Apple and the region where you are in.

Can't find Acorn TV app in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.