Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 11 - Magic Mouse 2 Pairing issue

I just bought a Magic Mouse 2 through Apple because it says it is compatible. I am still unable to even see it on my bluetooth devices and my keyboard is working so its not a Bluetooth issue. I just installed the update to 13.4 because it says it added Magic Mouse 2 “updates”. Well that didn’t work. I’m working from home and spent lots of money to get this up and running this week and now its Thursday night and I’m still not fully functioning.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 4:22 AM

That sounds frustrating! I know these are probably obvious suggestions...but listing them anyway...just in case!

• Make sure the Mouse 🐭 is charged. Use a lightning plug...charging port underneath the mouse

• Make sure you get a blinking green light when you turn the mouse on.
  • Make sure the mouse is not paired with another apple device...iMac, iPad, iPhone...even if devices are in another room it could be paired. Make sure to check. Could be paired to someone else’s device nearby.
    • If so remove it or turn off the Bluetooth on the devices (or turn off your iMac if you don’t know how to reconnect mouse after Bluetooth is off)
  • Switch OFF your Bluetooth on iPad
  • Turn OFF your Magic Mouse 🐭 with the switch
  • Switch ON your Bluetooth on iPad and wait for it to load
  • Turn ON your Magic 🐭
  • Wait patiently for 🐭 to show up under “OTHER DEVICES”
  • Wait...
  • Wait...sometimes it takes a minute (which can feel like eternity) to connect!
  • Click on mouse when it appears.

If this doesn’t work...

• Turn OFF your 🐭 and press and hold the click button while turning the 🐭 back ON
  • The 🐭 is in pairing mode When the green light is blinking.

Once you do get connected you can go to Settings>General>Mouse to fine tune your 🐭

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2020 4:22 AM in response to KMRNKCCHIEFS

That sounds frustrating! I know these are probably obvious suggestions...but listing them anyway...just in case!

• Make sure the Mouse 🐭 is charged. Use a lightning plug...charging port underneath the mouse

• Make sure you get a blinking green light when you turn the mouse on.
  • Make sure the mouse is not paired with another apple device...iMac, iPad, iPhone...even if devices are in another room it could be paired. Make sure to check. Could be paired to someone else’s device nearby.
    • If so remove it or turn off the Bluetooth on the devices (or turn off your iMac if you don’t know how to reconnect mouse after Bluetooth is off)
  • Switch OFF your Bluetooth on iPad
  • Turn OFF your Magic Mouse 🐭 with the switch
  • Switch ON your Bluetooth on iPad and wait for it to load
  • Turn ON your Magic 🐭
  • Wait patiently for 🐭 to show up under “OTHER DEVICES”
  • Wait...
  • Wait...sometimes it takes a minute (which can feel like eternity) to connect!
  • Click on mouse when it appears.

If this doesn’t work...

• Turn OFF your 🐭 and press and hold the click button while turning the 🐭 back ON
  • The 🐭 is in pairing mode When the green light is blinking.

Once you do get connected you can go to Settings>General>Mouse to fine tune your 🐭

iPad Pro 11 - Magic Mouse 2 Pairing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.