Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes for Windows 10 won't play any songs in the cloud, just skips through them all

I've had intermittent problems with iTunes skipping songs in the cloud after a few seconds of play. Usually, if I repeatedly click on the song, after about 15 clicks, I can finally get it to play. Now, absolutely nothing in the cloud plays. For example, if I open an Apple Music playlist and click the first song, the play icon just skips through all of the songs to the end of the playlist. If I open one of my smart playlists, the songs just all skip until I reach one that I ripped off a CD years ago. No, the songs aren't faded out, and there's no exclamation points next to them. It's literally EVERY song in the cloud. I'm signed in, I've authorized my computer, I'm using the latest version, and I have a paid account. I've tried de- and re-authorizing, as well as signing out then back in ... what gives, Apple?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 5:37 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 27, 2020 6:00 AM in response to Kandris12

After the latest version (12.10.5.12) of iTunes for Windows 10 was

automatically installed on my laptop, I am experiencing the same

problem. Removing and reinstalling everything did not help. Turning off

firewalls and virus scanners did not help either. Interestingly enough, I

cannot play songs from my library or from the 'Browse' tab (I can load

them to the queue and they will very shortly appear where the song that

is playing is usually shown, but after a second the next song will show

up, and so on, and so on, and none of them will play) BUT I can still

play radio from the radio tab, and those songs will play normally.

Support has been utterly useless so far, so I hope someone on here can

help. Thanks in advance!

Mar 29, 2020 5:11 AM in response to thiscantbetrue

I eventually fixed this myself by removing all but the most recent iT.tmp files as well as iTunes Music Library.xml from the Music/iTunes folder while iTunes was closed, and then reopening it. (Don't ask me why that works, I have no idea.)

Deleting things is not without risk, however, and you want to be careful with your library, as there is no way to get it back if you lose or compromise the file. So best just drag them to another folder instead of deleting, then find out if you broke anything.

iTunes for Windows 10 won't play any songs in the cloud, just skips through them all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.