Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting this message: Do you want the application “SearchSystem” to accept incoming network connections?

Today, I’ve been getting a continual pop up message:

“Do you want the application “SearchSystem” to accept incoming network connections?

what does this mean? Firewall is on.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 5:46 PM

This could be a possible malware/adware. And typically they create annoying stuff like this. You can check your system preferences for created profiles.

1. Click apple icon
  2. System preferences
  3. Check for profiles icon
  4. If there is one, open it, delete the unknown profile.

5 replies

Apr 5, 2020 4:17 PM in response to raza7117

raza7117 wrote:

thanks for the solution. but it didn't work with mine...can u help me with some other solution.

i delete the profile..but after restarting the computer it keep coming back.also there is no more unknown profile..
  • You can try to check your log-in items if there is a malicious program that is there. (system preferences > users and groups > log-in items tab)
  • You can also try to check if this pop-up only appears when you are trying to open a browser.
  • You can also consider installing an antivirus software on your computer.

Getting this message: Do you want the application “SearchSystem” to accept incoming network connections?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.