Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone stuck on SOS Only?

My iPhone 6 is stuck on SOS only. I have tried everything. Trying in another phone, reset network settings, swapping sim in and out, airplane mode on and off and factory reset. I have checked the coverage maps and my area has full 4G coverage. Could anyone help me?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 8:22 PM

AttackCargobob,

Try a cellular signal test. 

• Go to Settings > Cellular/Mobile data > Cellular/Mobile Network > Automatic. 
  • Set the option for Automatic to Off.

Do you see a list of carriers appear here after a few minutes? If you do, your cellular signal/network is working as expected on your iPhone.

If you don’t see a list of carriers appear here, contact Apple Support for further support.

Hopefully this helps!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2020 8:22 PM in response to AttackCargobob

AttackCargobob,

Try a cellular signal test. 

• Go to Settings > Cellular/Mobile data > Cellular/Mobile Network > Automatic. 
  • Set the option for Automatic to Off.

Do you see a list of carriers appear here after a few minutes? If you do, your cellular signal/network is working as expected on your iPhone.

If you don’t see a list of carriers appear here, contact Apple Support for further support.

Hopefully this helps!

Mar 28, 2020 9:42 AM in response to AttackCargobob

Hi, AttackCargobob.

I'm glad you decided to reach out on Apple Support Communities today. If I understand correctly, you aren't able to use your iPhone, and you're seeing the SOS only in place of your carrier in the status bar.

If this is the case, the SOS only means that your iPhone is only able to make emergency calls. It's usually an account setting placed by your carrier, so I would start by reaching out to them.

Take care.

Mar 28, 2020 4:25 PM in response to AttackCargobob

AttackCargobob,

Thanks for getting back with those details. It helps to know that SOS isn't the only cellular status you see. If your cellular data signal is switching between 3G and 4G, and you're seeing the SOS and No Service status, your iPhone is struggling to keep a connection to your cellular network.

I would try the steps outlined in this article to see if they help: If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

Cheers.

Why is my iPhone stuck on SOS Only?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.