Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.4 disabled wifi calling on airplane mode

Hi i am using iPhone 11 and the latest update disabled the option of wifi calling when airplane mode turned on. I live where there is a very very poor signal strength. And this wifi calling was great. I use airplane mode to reduce the Huge drain of battery just by searching for signal strength.

Now in 13.4 i am unable to use the wifi calling on airplane mode.

Is there any fix for this or just Apple has to give an update?

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 11:36 PM

Hello Rina,

WiFi calling still works under iOS 13.4 when Airplane mode is invoked. Here is how I recommend that you try-

1. Pull down control center by SWIPING DOWN from top right corner of your iPhone screen
  2. Touch the Airplane icon in the top left section group of icons.
  3. Make sure that WiFi icon in that section is also highlighted. If it is not then tap on it and activate it.
  4. Wait a few seconds and WiFi calling should be activated and you will be good to go

See the image below for reference-

If the above does not work then ensure that WiFi calling is set to ON as follows and try again-

Open Settings ➔ Cellular ➔ WiFi Calling ➔ WiFi Calling on This iPhone is set to ON.

Axel F.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2020 11:36 PM in response to iMrinal

Hello Rina,

WiFi calling still works under iOS 13.4 when Airplane mode is invoked. Here is how I recommend that you try-

1. Pull down control center by SWIPING DOWN from top right corner of your iPhone screen
  2. Touch the Airplane icon in the top left section group of icons.
  3. Make sure that WiFi icon in that section is also highlighted. If it is not then tap on it and activate it.
  4. Wait a few seconds and WiFi calling should be activated and you will be good to go

See the image below for reference-

If the above does not work then ensure that WiFi calling is set to ON as follows and try again-

Open Settings ➔ Cellular ➔ WiFi Calling ➔ WiFi Calling on This iPhone is set to ON.

Axel F.

Mar 26, 2020 11:39 PM in response to iMrinal

To use Wi-Fi Calling, you need an iPhone 5c or later on a supported carrier.

If your carrier supports Wi-Fi Calling on iCloud-connected devices, you can also make and receive Wi-Fi calls on other devices. 

Make sure that you're signed in to iCloud and FaceTime with the same Apple ID that you use on your iPhone. Also make sure that your devices have the latest software.

To place a Wi-Fi call from your iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac, follow these steps.

May 4, 2020 1:19 PM in response to Sunny_2012

@Sunny_2012 - No i haven’t got a solution yet. I am simply waiting for the next update now to see if its fixed in the next version atleast.

Since iOS 13.4 only i am having this issue.

Apple support suggested me to do a restore but i had a faulty usb so couldn’t perform it.

Seems like we will get an update by this week or by next week with the covid support. But i don’t think they would have sorted our bug.

I also had given a feedback. Let’s see what happens.

iOS 13.4 disabled wifi calling on airplane mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.