Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovies exporting

Hi There,

Hoping you can help me, I’ve never had a problem with IMovies when exporting videos. I’ve been using iMovies for a few years now. 

But I’m stuck with exporting any movie I edit when sharing in ‘File’. When I click File and then I pick my Resolution, Quality etc... then I save my video to desktop, click save and then it immediately says ‘Share Fail’ , I click on details and keep getting the same message which is -

EXPORTING “my movie” HAS FAILED

The operation couldn’t be completed.

(com.apple.Compressor.CompresserKit.ErrorDomainerror - 1.)

Can you please help me with this.. I’ve checked my Mac storage space and I’ve got over half left so it’s not that? 

It’s fairly annoying especially spending hours on editing my videos and then I can’t export them just to my desktop. 

Would really appreciate a reply.

Thank you,

Dave. 

MacBook Pro 17", macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 5:28 PM

Try upgrading or doing a fresh install of your OS, plus an updating of your iMovie app. That worked for one recent poster, who upgraded to Mojave and the updated to iMovie 10.1.14. Try just updating iMovie first.

— Rich

Similar questions

8 replies

Mar 29, 2020 6:38 AM in response to Rich839

Feel like I’ve tried everything and still not working! I don’t get it.. I did resort to reinstalling iMovies. And only thing that has changed is when I do go to ‘file’ and then save to ‘desktop’. I don’t even get a ‘Fail File Share’ now, it just ghosts and nothing happens. 🤷‍♂️

obviously I can’t make a trip to the Apple shop right now due to this coronavirus quarantine. If there is anything else you can recommend I’d highly appreciate it. Thank you.

Mar 30, 2020 8:38 AM in response to Davegdrums

The way it works is that you give Apple your telephone number on the Apple Contact Support page, and they call you back. So the call originates with Apple and should not be charged to you. Click on the Contact Support tab in the upper right hand corner of this forum's screen, and navigate to MacOS/Mac Applications/iMovie. You will come to a place where you give your phone number.

You are not the only one with this problem. It has been reported for years, but there have been a slew of reports lately.

-- Rich

imovies exporting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.