Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the glove for? ( iPad pro )

so ive been watching this guy draw on the new iPad which I'm getting beacuse I wanted to see how it would be drawing on it. and he was wearing a glove, is that glove for not interfering with the touchscreen e.g if your drawing and you accidentally switch brushes with your hand. or is it for not smudging your screen.

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 5:55 AM

He might be using a drawing glove for a few reasons as I do.

1. It helps maintain consistent palm rejection.
  2. It helps to more easily glide your hand across the iPad’s screen and makes it easier to do so if your are using some sort of matte screen protector, that can make your hand more “sticky” to move around on the screen.
  3. It is helping to keep the iPad from accumulating hand/side of hand/palm prints/smudges on the iPad’s screen.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2020 5:55 AM in response to Hjjhhhh

He might be using a drawing glove for a few reasons as I do.

1. It helps maintain consistent palm rejection.
  2. It helps to more easily glide your hand across the iPad’s screen and makes it easier to do so if your are using some sort of matte screen protector, that can make your hand more “sticky” to move around on the screen.
  3. It is helping to keep the iPad from accumulating hand/side of hand/palm prints/smudges on the iPad’s screen.

Mar 27, 2020 6:11 AM in response to Hjjhhhh

Sure!

I am a big fan of the drawing/writing glove!

You can get these in 3 and 5 packs of gloves, as well as, different hand sizes and colors, in many cases.

These special drawing gloves are lycra-based material, non-body electrical conducting, drawing gloves that work by isolating your hand/palm and allow you to lay your hand/palm on the screen as you draw or write in any type of drawing/writing/note taking app.

Something like this found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Anti-fouling-Drawing-Tablet-Graphic-Right-Ha nd-Left-Hand/dp/B017R8M2JY/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1543548123&sr=8-1-spons&k eywords=lycra+drawing+gloves&psc=1

Many more makers of these types of gloves found on Amazon and in different hand sizes, as well!

Smart, Bluetooth stylii, like the Apple Pencil or other stylii from third party stylii makers, incorporate technology into a smart stylus that rejects making stray marks, in writing/drawing apps, created by the palm or side of your hand, based on your hand position that comes in contact with the iPad’s screen.

No smart, Bluetooth stylus is perfect and none offer perfect palm rejection while writing or drawing.

The drawing glove acts to more permanently isolate part of your hand, that always comes in contact with the iPad’s screen, to keep electrical signals from your hand/skin/body from reaching the iPad’s screen, preventing and stray marks from being created by the palm or side of your hand coming in contact with the iPad’s screen, while writing or drawing.

what is the glove for? ( iPad pro )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.