Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the recently deleted folder for Photos on Mac?

The photos & videos from my iPhone XR always go directly to Photos on my iMac. Yesterday my daughter made an iMovie on my phone. When she was done, she deleted the videos. Now the videos are nowhere to be found. They are not in the recently deleted album on my iPhone. I don't see them on my Mac, either. This is unusual because normally I have to delete from Photos, too...even if I've deleted from my phone. I cannot locate a recently deleted folder on my Mac. Is there somewhere to find the folder hidden on my Mac?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 11:26 AM

Which version of Photos do you have installed? In Photos 5.0 on macOS 10.15.4 the Recently Deleted album is in the "Library" section of the sidebar. It will only be shown, however, if it is not empty.

If you are running low on iCloud Storage, the deleted videos and Photos will not be sent to Recently Deleted, but deleted immediately, to help you free your cloud storage instantly Then recently Deleted will be empty and not available. The screenshot is from Photos 5 on Catalina.

Older version of Photos may have a command "Show recently Deleted"in one of the menues.

If the videos have been on your Mac for a long time, they may be included in your Time machine backup.

You could try to restore the Photos Library from your Time Machine to an external volume and try to export the missing videos from the restored library.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2020 11:26 AM in response to Photomom17

Which version of Photos do you have installed? In Photos 5.0 on macOS 10.15.4 the Recently Deleted album is in the "Library" section of the sidebar. It will only be shown, however, if it is not empty.

If you are running low on iCloud Storage, the deleted videos and Photos will not be sent to Recently Deleted, but deleted immediately, to help you free your cloud storage instantly Then recently Deleted will be empty and not available. The screenshot is from Photos 5 on Catalina.

Older version of Photos may have a command "Show recently Deleted"in one of the menues.

If the videos have been on your Mac for a long time, they may be included in your Time machine backup.

You could try to restore the Photos Library from your Time Machine to an external volume and try to export the missing videos from the restored library.

Where is the recently deleted folder for Photos on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.