Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to activate my iPhone 7

Can y’all help me I tried to reset my iPhone 7 when I try to back it in it say unable to activate

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 5:35 PM

Hi 

Thanks for using the  Apple Support Communities.

I would recommend you to restart your iPhone to try one more time, if the issue persists, please try to actiavte the device by using iTunes on Mac or PC instead:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of macOS or the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Check that your computer has an Internet connection.
  3. With the cable that came with your iPhone, connect your iPhone to your computer. Locate your device on your computer.
  4. Wait while your computer detects and activates your iPhone: 
    • If you see an alert that shows "Set up as New" or "Restore from Backup," it means your iPhone is activated.
    • If you get an error message on your computer that says that the SIM card isn't compatible, contact your carrier.

Best Regards,

J

--

Resource for this issue

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2020 5:35 PM in response to Stensy21

Hi 

Thanks for using the  Apple Support Communities.

I would recommend you to restart your iPhone to try one more time, if the issue persists, please try to actiavte the device by using iTunes on Mac or PC instead:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of macOS or the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Check that your computer has an Internet connection.
  3. With the cable that came with your iPhone, connect your iPhone to your computer. Locate your device on your computer.
  4. Wait while your computer detects and activates your iPhone: 
    • If you see an alert that shows "Set up as New" or "Restore from Backup," it means your iPhone is activated.
    • If you get an error message on your computer that says that the SIM card isn't compatible, contact your carrier.

Best Regards,

J

--

Resource for this issue

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

Unable to activate my iPhone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.