Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync my devices

I’ve never used an iPad before and I’d like to mirror my iPhone or everything that’s on my iPhone I would like to put over here onto my iPad and my iPad with my at home station is there something particular I can do to do that

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 7:51 PM

Have you already set up your new iPad? If you haven't, you can set it up from the backup of your iPhone. See this link --> Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you've already set it up and you want to sync things like contacts, messages, photos, music, etc., you should be using the same Apple ID you use on your iPhone on the iPad. Then go to Settings > Your Name, iCloud, Apple ID & iTunes > iCloud and make sure the services are turned on both devices and content will sync.

To use text message sync, use Continuity Services, which this link explains --> Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2020 7:51 PM in response to MessyMarvin5012

Have you already set up your new iPad? If you haven't, you can set it up from the backup of your iPhone. See this link --> Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you've already set it up and you want to sync things like contacts, messages, photos, music, etc., you should be using the same Apple ID you use on your iPhone on the iPad. Then go to Settings > Your Name, iCloud, Apple ID & iTunes > iCloud and make sure the services are turned on both devices and content will sync.

To use text message sync, use Continuity Services, which this link explains --> Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Sync my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.