Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime

When I click on the Quicktime Player app, it takes me to this:

Please help so that I can access the app on my computer. I tried to download Quicktime, but I am still running into the same issue.

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 1:31 PM

Hello blaghhh222 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having an issue with the QuickTime Player app.

What do you see in the main menu bar at the top of the Mac screen when you see this window? You should see the Apple menu on the far left followed by Quicktime, File, Edit, View, Window and Help.

If you click File, you should see options for creating movies, audio recordings and screen recordings. From the window that you posted a picture of, if you navigate to a location that contains files that QuickTime Player can open such as .mov files, you should be able to choose and open those. Is that what you are seeing?

How to use QuickTime Player - Apple Support

Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2020 1:31 PM in response to blaghhh222

Hello blaghhh222 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having an issue with the QuickTime Player app.

What do you see in the main menu bar at the top of the Mac screen when you see this window? You should see the Apple menu on the far left followed by Quicktime, File, Edit, View, Window and Help.

If you click File, you should see options for creating movies, audio recordings and screen recordings. From the window that you posted a picture of, if you navigate to a location that contains files that QuickTime Player can open such as .mov files, you should be able to choose and open those. Is that what you are seeing?

How to use QuickTime Player - Apple Support

Cheers.

Mar 30, 2020 1:52 PM in response to blaghhh222

What you are seeing is the ‘Open…’ dialog box, in case you want to open a previously saved document. The initial location is iCloud, per the preferences on your computer. If there are no app compatible documents there, then you will see an empty window.

If you want to open a file from your computer (instead of iCloud), then use the side bar to choose a different location (e.g. Downloads).

If you do not want to open a file at this time, then click Cancel. Then use one of the functions from the Menu bar at the top of the screen.

Quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.