Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pre-Installed Software Purchased At Apple Checkout

I am looking at a new MacBook which I plan on purchasing from Apple’s online site. I noticed that you could have Final Cut Pro X pre-installed for an additional fee instead of downloading from the Mac App Store Later. If, in another couple years, I purchase a Mac, will I still be able to get FCPX from the cloud since it’s on my Apple ID, or will I have to re-purchase it within the Mac App Store?

MacBook

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 5:38 PM

There is absolutely no point in buying a Mac with FCP preinstalled. Currently you can get a trial version for 90 days. If it works for you you can purchase it at any time from the App Store. Buying it preinstalled has only led to headaches for many users.

3 replies

Mar 29, 2020 3:28 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom Wolsky wrote:

There is absolutely no point in buying a Mac with FCP preinstalled. Currently you can get a trial version for 90 days. If it works for you you can purchase it at any time from the App Store. Buying it preinstalled has only led to headaches for many users.

Has there been a change in the usual 30 day trial to 90 days?

Al

Pre-Installed Software Purchased At Apple Checkout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.