You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What boot ROM version should I have on an iMac17,1 runnung macOS Catalina 10.15.4 ?

What boot ROM version should I have on an iMac17,1 runnung macOS Catalina 10.15.4 ?

Thanks...

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 5:35 PM

12 replies

Mar 29, 2020 6:33 AM in response to And_the_answer_is

And_the_answer_is wrote:

Thanks...

Are you having an issue, if so state what it is (?)

Apple no longer’t provides an official list of the current EFI firmware versions which should be installed on each model of Mac.

you can read more:

https://eclecticlight.co/2018/10/31/which-efi-firmware-should-your-mac-be-using-version-3/

However, If you want to dig deeper you can use a third party software:

LockRattler version 4.22 is available from here: lockrattler422

Mar 29, 2020 11:52 AM in response to leroydouglas

That's the problem isn't it? I don't know what the correct version is for this computer. On this computer it's 170.0.0.0 on others it's 173.0.0.0 and on others it's 176.0.0.0. Which is correct? If this information is available I'd appreciate a link.

This discussion at Howard's electriclight.co site has come together in his March 25, 2020 page: Do you have an iMac Retina 5K 27-inch Late 2015? (iMac17,1)

LockRattler is still available (ver4.24) but SilentKnight (ver 1.6) is: "A replacement for LockRattler to perform its assessments and check whether your Mac is up to date automatically."  https://eclecticlight.co/lockrattler-systhist/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.