Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing iPad with MacBook Pro

How do I pair my iPad (7th Gen) with my MacBook Pro.

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 10:51 PM

The iTunes/Finder connection to the iPad is done using a USB cable or by wifi. Wifi use requires previous setup with the cable.

From the Catalina Finder help document:

"You can sync your Mac and device when they’re connected over same Wi-Fi network. To set up Wi-Fi syncing, first connect your device to your Mac using a USB or USB-C cable. You then turn on Wi-Fi syncing and choose the settings you want. Whenever your device connects to your Mac over Wi-Fi, you can select it in the sidebar and sync it. (You can turn on automatic syncing if you want.) Your device must have iOS 5 or later or iPadOS 13 or later."

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2020 10:51 PM in response to MichelPM

The iTunes/Finder connection to the iPad is done using a USB cable or by wifi. Wifi use requires previous setup with the cable.

From the Catalina Finder help document:

"You can sync your Mac and device when they’re connected over same Wi-Fi network. To set up Wi-Fi syncing, first connect your device to your Mac using a USB or USB-C cable. You then turn on Wi-Fi syncing and choose the settings you want. Whenever your device connects to your Mac over Wi-Fi, you can select it in the sidebar and sync it. (You can turn on automatic syncing if you want.) Your device must have iOS 5 or later or iPadOS 13 or later."

Pairing iPad with MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.