Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps & ios update

Some apps (more than 200mb if I’m not mistaken) can only be updated through wifi. Same thing goes to ios update. Is there any possible way I can get them updated through mobile data? I can’t find the option to do so in the Settings or I didn’t look through deep enough.

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 11:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 11:46 PM

Apps over 200mb can now be updated over cellular. iOS updates, however, cannot be downloaded over cellular connection. You must be connected to a WiFi Network to perform the iOS updates.

To update the phone check these requirements:

• The phone must be charged to over 50%
  • Low Power Mode must be OFF
  • You cannot be connected through VPN
  • You must have a Wi-Fi connection (not cellular)
  • While not a requirement per se, you should plug in the phone or put it in a wireless charger to assure it stays on and connected to Wi-Fi

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2020 11:46 PM in response to CC-SF

Apps over 200mb can now be updated over cellular. iOS updates, however, cannot be downloaded over cellular connection. You must be connected to a WiFi Network to perform the iOS updates.

To update the phone check these requirements:

• The phone must be charged to over 50%
  • Low Power Mode must be OFF
  • You cannot be connected through VPN
  • You must have a Wi-Fi connection (not cellular)
  • While not a requirement per se, you should plug in the phone or put it in a wireless charger to assure it stays on and connected to Wi-Fi

Axel F.

Apps & ios update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.