Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Difficulty transferring music from CD onto iPhone with Apple Music enabled

Hi, I use Apple Music, and I have my iCloud Music Library enabled on both my iPhone and my Mac, but iTunes won't allow me to copy a CD that I've downloaded onto iTunes onto my iPhone, and the CD hasn't automatically downloaded onto my phone, either. The message I'm given when I try to drag the content from my iTunes library onto my phone is: 'Some of the files were not copied to the iPhone because iCloud Music Library is enabled on this iPhone'. This particular album isn't on iTunes, as it is no longer in circulation, and can only be bought as a CD, second-hand. Is there a way for me to get this music onto my phone? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 6:21 AM

If you have a subscription to Apple Music then the intended way to get music to the device is to enable iCloud Music Library (AKA Sync Library) in both iTunes and the device. New content you add to your library is either matched or uploaded to your cloud library and then becomes available to stream or download to your device.

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Resolve issues with any content that shows as waiting, error, ineligible, etc.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2020 6:21 AM in response to qaplwsoekdi33

If you have a subscription to Apple Music then the intended way to get music to the device is to enable iCloud Music Library (AKA Sync Library) in both iTunes and the device. New content you add to your library is either matched or uploaded to your cloud library and then becomes available to stream or download to your device.

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Resolve issues with any content that shows as waiting, error, ineligible, etc.

tt2

Difficulty transferring music from CD onto iPhone with Apple Music enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.