Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro trackpad feels unresponsive after updated to MacOS 10.15.4

Have anyone experienced any lag or weird scrolling behavior after updated to macOS 10.15.4 ? My 15inch 2018 MacBook Pro trackpad became unresponsive on latest macos catalina update....

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 11:44 PM

Absolutely. So much I started a reddit thread about it to try and figure out what has changed. Sadly, no one actually knew an answer and my own research didn't come up with anything useful, except the strong suspicion, that Apple has changed something deeper down in the system. Parameter values in .GlobalPreferencesPlist (especially for com.apple.trackpad.scrolling) have not changed before and after the update.

For now, I've put my trackpad scrolling speed to the second highest settings but ideally, I would love to have the behavior pre-patch back. Maybe we'll figure something out in this community :)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2020 11:44 PM in response to Phalkunn

Absolutely. So much I started a reddit thread about it to try and figure out what has changed. Sadly, no one actually knew an answer and my own research didn't come up with anything useful, except the strong suspicion, that Apple has changed something deeper down in the system. Parameter values in .GlobalPreferencesPlist (especially for com.apple.trackpad.scrolling) have not changed before and after the update.

For now, I've put my trackpad scrolling speed to the second highest settings but ideally, I would love to have the behavior pre-patch back. Maybe we'll figure something out in this community :)

MacBook Pro trackpad feels unresponsive after updated to MacOS 10.15.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.