Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

internet sharing to iPad over USB stopped working after 10.15.4 update

Hello,

I've been using internet sharing over USB to my iPad for a while now and after updating to 10.15.4 my iPad is no longer on the list of devices I can share internet with.

The list on the right used to have an "iPad" option.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 4:33 AM

It works from the "Content Caching" sharing option in Settings instead:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mac-help/mchl3b6c3720/mac

Go to Settings -> Sharing -> Select "Content caching" and enable "Internet Connection" and then enable the "Conent caching" option (which will disable the "Internet Sharing" option).

Works for me on MacBook Pro 2012 and iPhone 5 after restart of iPhone.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2020 4:33 AM in response to fscicls

It works from the "Content Caching" sharing option in Settings instead:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mac-help/mchl3b6c3720/mac

Go to Settings -> Sharing -> Select "Content caching" and enable "Internet Connection" and then enable the "Conent caching" option (which will disable the "Internet Sharing" option).

Works for me on MacBook Pro 2012 and iPhone 5 after restart of iPhone.

Mar 31, 2020 3:54 PM in response to udi27

Hi there, udi27!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're having an issue with sharing your internet connection from your Mac to your iPad. First, check out this article to Share the internet connection on Mac with other network users and be sure you have everything set up properly to share the connection. Also, be sure your Mac and iPad are running the most up-to-date software.

If you continue to have issues, I recommend taking a look at this article with steps to follow to Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, test to see if you have the same issue.

Also, check out this article with steps for How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac to create a new user and test the issue in the new account to see if the issue is user specific or system wide. 

Let me know the results and have a super day!

internet sharing to iPad over USB stopped working after 10.15.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.